This is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior ORACLE DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR to join one of SA’s leading ASSET MANAGERS and be fundamental in supporting and enhancing the database infrastructure. You will also be responsible for a large upgrade project and will help with the smooth transition from Oracle 11g to 12c.
This SENIOR ORACLE DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR position is Cape Town (CBD) based and is paying R700k – R800k/annum (depending on experience).
As Senior Oracle Database Administrator you will work in a small team who are responsible for ensuring high availability of the database and coming up with solutions and procedures to ensure a sound operation. You will need to have extensive experience with Oracle 11g /12c in order to provide expert support for all instillation’s, patching & upgrades, backup & recovery, performance tuning, automating manual process and database security.
- Relevant Tertiary Education – Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems
- 5 years’ experience with Oracle 11g /12c
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Working experience of Solaris / Linux / Unix
- Shell scripting skills
- Participate in a 24X7 standby every 2nd week
- Delphix Virtualisation experience
- SQL Server DBA skills
If you qualify for this role, please email your CV directly to:
email@example.com or ash [at] acuityconsultants.co.za
0 2 1 8 0 1 5 0 0 1
If you have not had a response to your application within 14 days please consider your application to be unsuccessful.