This is an exciting opportunity to play key role in architectural decision making with the CTO of a very well established, technologically advanced software development company.
With a history of over 30 years, this software company develops a turn-key wagering platform comprised of terminal, web (real time full ecommerce platform) and mobile channels delivering transactional and MIS functionality that handles BIG DATA exceeding the volume of even stock exchange feeds.
As the Senior Developer, you will be responsible not only for the actual writing of software, but also instrumental in architecture and design phases of projects and the selection of frameworks, tools and libraries. In addition to this, you will also lead Agile sessions and coach and mentor junior developers.
- Design and implement projects aligned to the company architecture, guidelines and principles.
- Conduct code reviews and ensure software quality
- Assist with the configuration of the Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) services
- Guiding the development team toward optimal and appropriate solutions
- Engage in design and grooming discussions
- Engage with the product owner and other stakeholders to ensure all requirements are properly defined and understood for the projects to be delivered successfully
- Flexible working hours
- Profit share after 3 years
- Generous monthly meal subsidies
A good understanding of modern software algorithms, patterns, techniques and tools used in the software development pipeline. An solid understanding of Agile, continuous integration and continues delivery to be coordinated with the DevOps engineers.
- .Net and /or Java experience, one of which at senior level (5+ years’ experience)
- Database ORM and related experience in Java and/or .Net using MS SQL Server (2012 or better) and PostgreSQL (9.5 or better)
- Familiar with AWS technologies such as Lambda functions, ElasticCache and RDS
- Experience in common data exchange formats, including XML and JSON
- Experienced in API integration and consuming of services (SOAP and RESTFul)
- Secure coding practices
- Familiar with microservices architecture and serverless architecture
- Familiar with web technologies, including ASP.NET, Jersey etc.
- Familiar with scripting languages
- Windows and Linux server experience
If you qualify for this role, please email your CV directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 021 801 5001
Should you not receive a response within 14 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.