This is a great role for an experienced technical DATA MANAGER to Lead a Team and to gain experience in DATABASE ARCHITECTURE.
This LINUX DATA SYSTEMS TEAM LEAD role is based in CAPE TOWN and offers a salary of R480K – R540K/annum.
This is an established and highly successful BIG DATA ANALYTICS SOLUTIONS and SOFTWARE ENGINEERING business. Based in CAPE TOWN they employ 50 people who work on Data Analytics and Software Solution projects, helping businesses across a span of vertical markets understand and make informed decisions through the management and interpretation of Big Data Assets. They employ Analytical and Data Science technologies to provide insights into Data to help their clients’ businesses grow. This business operates in an advanced Data System Technology environment which is constantly evolving with the advent of new Data Science technologies. Investment into their Data Systems is always a key priority.
THE ROLE (includes but not limited to):
- Manage data processes in line with business growth.
- Lead the ongoing development of a unified data technology stack.
- Data Management & Manipulation of continuous Big Data streams.
- Develop SQL environments to support incoming project data
- Identify trends in information, and recommend actions or alternatives to the findings.
- Reporting of data analyses.
- Train and mentor staff in data management.
- Track service performance and provide leadership to identify root causes of issues and implement remedial actions.
- Act as a liaison between project managers and data resources.
- Experience through full data management life-cycle.
- Very strong data management, database, ETL and data management process experience.
- Commitment to achieving high quality within the data business space.
- Relevant Degree/Diploma/Certification in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Maths or Stats.
- Strong SQL abilities (HPE Vertica / MySQL / PostgreSQL)
- Database architecting understanding.
- Database management.
- Data reporting & query writing.
- Strong Excel abilities.
- Linux systems (Ubuntu or similar) experience.
If you qualify for this role, please email your CV directly to:
021 801 5001
If you have not had a response to your application within 14 days please consider your application to be unsuccessful.